Monday 2 January 2012

Pinch Punch, Second Of the Month

Well, you didn't seriously expect anything yesterday did you?

Okay, let's get the formalities out of the way: Happy New Year to all of you... There, that's that done.

So, I completely missed the two games yesterday. Had one almighty hangover from a fantastic night on New Year's Eve (also my birthday party),  and woke up after midday. I was certainly in no shape to do any trading. Instead we just half-slept around the house all day.

The only disappointment for me was on New Year's Eve, I'd spent about an hour digging holes in my garden for the ton of fireworks that I'd bought. Indeed I had so much weaponry laid in the ground that America had moved from Defcon 4 to Defcon 2 just in case. However, after having stayed dry all day, the heavens opened in serious fashion about 11:45 and the whole thing was a washout. I did forlornly try and light a couple in the pouring rain, but then had to settle for pulling them all out of the ground and plonking them in my shed. If my shed should happen to go up in the meantime, it will register 4.8 in the richter scale.

On to more relevant, footy-related stuff, well there's quite a bit to talk about, isn't there. First-off, a little bit of humble pie to be eaten (I'm sick of the stuff by now). A few entries ago, I was saying that Steve Kean should do the decent thing and resign immediately... well look what's gone and happened! Actually, I'm not necessarily saying that he shouldn't still do so, but the level of abuse and outrage directed towards him after the Bolton game has seemingly had an entirely different affect to the one intended. A sea change had taken place, not only in the media's approach to Kean, but obviously in the Blackburn players' also.

The fan's continued attacking of Kean has led to the same seige mentality that Mourinho worked so hard to cultivate at Chelsea. This can only be good for team morale. And with manager after manager coming out in support of Kean, the media has dramatically backed off also. One swallow doesn't make a summer of course - Blackburn still need dramatic improvements in a number of areas - but it will be more than interesting to see how all this pans out in the next few games.

Selfishly, with Both the Manchester clubs losing, the draw that my mighty Spurs attained against Swansea is now looking quite good.

For myself, I ended the year with another loss, but this was incredibly lazy betting as I was interspersing betting for betting sake (always a bad idea) with the manic preparations for our New Year's Eve party. Consequently, I deserved to lose and so am not too upset by it. Moreover, because I was busy,  I stuck on some straight bets and, as we all know, that is not my forte and not where I feel an edge exists. In those circumstances you get what you ask for.

"Top versus bottom? Ooh, that will do. Half-time result looks like okay-ish odds of 1.45. I'll put a ton on that and it will be happy days. "

But, after getting yet more party stuff out of the loft, I see it's half-time and Blackburn are 0-1 up. Whoops.

"Oh look, Man Utd at 2.00. I'll have some of that instead. They're virtually invincible at home"

Yes, "virtually" but not quite.

So, with some of the other lazy bets coming off for me but some bigs ones not, I have another rather fetching red display for you to wonder upon. New Year's resolution, if any, has got to be "stick to what you're best at". So, no more lazy bets. Let's see if I'm good to my word.

The only other resolution I have is the same as the rest of the western world: lose a bit of weight. I've put so much on over Christmas that I make Free Willy look like a tic-tac.

I may well blog again tonight as there as some matches on today that I would like to get on. So hopefully see you later.

Soccer: -£94.95 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  -£94.95 

 

Soccer Showing 1 - 7 of 7 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Soccer / Fixtures 31 December : Daily Goals 31 Dec PL 31-Dec-11 12:45  31-Dec-11 17:38  -6.89
Soccer / Man Utd v Blackburn : Correct Score 31-Dec-11 12:45  31-Dec-11 14:42  89.51
Soccer / Man Utd v Blackburn : Match Odds 31-Dec-11 12:45  31-Dec-11 14:40  -150.00
Soccer / Leicester v Portsmouth : Correct Score 31-Dec-11 12:15  31-Dec-11 14:13  41.36
Soccer / Leicester v Portsmouth : Over/Under 3.5 Goals 31-Dec-11 12:15  31-Dec-11 14:10  2.20
Soccer / Man Utd v Blackburn : Over/Under 3.5 Goals 31-Dec-11 12:45  31-Dec-11 14:08  28.87
Soccer / Man Utd v Blackburn : Half Time 31-Dec-11 12:45  31-Dec-11 13:35  -100.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.