Tuesday 3 January 2012

Why Don't You...

It's colder than a witch's tit this evening, with more strong wind around than a laxative-loving octogenerian. Being away from home, I had intended going out to the pub to watch the Man City game, but after having got up at 5:00am this morning and with the inclement weather, I'll settle for listening to it on the radio from the comfort of my anonymous hotel room.

Well, I'm starting to pick up quite a few visitors to my little blog now. For the first couple of weeks or so, it was just me and three pieces of tumbleweed (one of which I'd named Wilson) to keep me company, but now there does seem to be a little bit of momentum and interest building - which is gratifying.

Someone commented on my last entry, asking for the details of how I trade (or was it "Show me the money?"). Well, I think I've mentioned before that I'm not doing anything new or ground-breaking. It's all well-trodden ground that is used (or tried by) thousands of people every day.

I simply trade these markets as the odds decay. It's not brain surgery, and there is no mystery behind it. The hard part is getting in and out of the market at the right time and in the right way - and the only way to know those things is to try it for yourself and to spend some time gaining experience. If you're a natural, then you'll make money straight away, probably with one hand tied behind your back whilst playing keepy-uppy and getting a blowjob. Or, if you're anything like me, then you'll find it incredibly difficult, frustrating and infuriating. If you're like me, then you'll lose money, make money and then lose money again. For me it has been one step forward and two steps back, but all the while I've been banging my head against the wall, I have been learning (am still learning). With each session, I learn more about the markets and I learn more about my own reactions and capabilities.

Unfortunately there is no easy path. It's not just a case of "do this" and you'll be successful. Each and every trader has to do it for themselves. You cannot just take someone else's experience and hope to shortcut the process. Sorry, but that's how I see it. If I were to give any advice (and I really don't feel qualified to do so) then it would be to follow these simple rules to help you along the way:
  1. Don't be greedy.
  2. Don't be greedy.
  3. Don't be greedy.
  4. Start-off slowly. Don't look for more than one tick at a time. 
  5. If starting out on this type of trading, only aim for 15 ticks for the entire game. This should help you relax and only look for the correct opportunities rather than trying to grab anything and everything.
  6. Don't be afraid to scratch a trade, or take a few ticks worth of loss.

Of course there are hundreds of others to keep in mind, but these few may help. Note, the first three is not a copy-and-paste mistake. I repeat it because it should be at the forefront of your mind.

Okay, that's enough of these sage musings from the no-nothing muppet. Just remember, any little turd can start a blog, but that doesn't mean they should be listened to, or that their opinion is worth any more than the snot in my hanky.

Toodle-pip for now. And "Come On You Spurs!"

3 comments:

  1. Thanks fot that ;)
    It was a lot of help to me ;)
    I hope you will continus to post your trading in here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'e welcome, Breco. Good luck with your own betting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is a good read mate - hope the result tonight keeps you happy. Have added your blog to my own - http://footballformbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.