Friday 30 December 2011

Mr Big Mouth!

It's amazing how often I end up with my foot in my mouth (well it's large enough so why not?). I really do make myself laugh at times. What a prize tosser.

It was only yesterday that I piously announced that I had learnt many lessons this year and felt that I was now heading towards regular profits... Well, I think you know what comes next, don't you. Yup. That's right. Big loss.

The only small crumb of comfort I can gain from the Liverpool game tonight is that my losses were "controlled". I didn't lose my head at any stage. I tried to offset some of the red with an Under 4.5 back, but when that started going south, I scratched that for nothing. I also managed to shrink my loss on the Correct Score market as originally it was -£185. It's still a bad night though, no two ways about it. Okay, below is the horrible reading. The Southampton game was my bot, but this also was a scratched trade:

Football: -£178.53 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  -£178.53 

 

Football Showing 1 - 5 of 5 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Liverpool v Newcastle : Correct Score 30-Dec-11 19:45  30-Dec-11 21:44  -111.37
Football / Liverpool v Newcastle : Over/Under 4.5 Goals 30-Dec-11 19:45  30-Dec-11 21:41  0.00
Football / Liverpool v Newcastle : Over/Under 2.5 goals 30-Dec-11 19:45  30-Dec-11 21:14  -67.17
Football / Southampton v Bristol City : Half Time 30-Dec-11 19:45  30-Dec-11 20:34  -20.00
Football / Southampton v Bristol City : Half Time Score 30-Dec-11 19:45  30-Dec-11 20:34  20.01

Tomorrow is of course New Year's Eve, but it also happens to be my birthday. What's more I was born at midnight on the 31st, so when you're wishing everyone happy new year, that's when I plopped out. Indeed as they were unable to determine which side of midnight I was born, my mother was given the choice of putting my birth date as December or January.

Actually, tomorrow is also a birthday ending in an zero (dun, dun, dah!). Yes, it's time for another one of those depressing demarcations, an unwanted reminder of the looming mortality (sorry to be so depressing!).

Anyway, we're having a huge party at my house (if you can find out where I live, then you're invited), so I intend to get suitably bladdered and to see in the new year in an alcoholic haze. I also have a ton of fireworks to set off at midnight (I suppose I'd better not get too drunk before then).

Not sure if I'll be able to get on the lunchtime matches tomorrow. If I don't I'll wish you all a Happy New Year now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.