Monday 16 January 2012

More Tennis Tips

The main tip tonight is from Rob the Builder and from the Sultan (both of whom have excellent and highly readable blogs by the way). Their tip is to me. They both put it kindly but basically they were saying that I don't stand a chance on the tennis and that I should seek some experienced advice.

I laughed when I read their comments, because they are almost certainly correct in their assessments, but I shall still continue regardless. Everyone has to start somewhere, don't they? Even the longest journey has to start with a single step (to paraphrase our Indian friend). At some point, we were all green and inexperienced but somehow we've got where we are.

So my response to their gentle prodding is to thank them - and then go right ahead and do it anyway. Sultan made the salient point that I will need to watch many, many hours of tennis but I have no problem with that all. Anything worthwhile should be worth dedicating time towards, and tennis trading is no different. I know from my football trading experiences how difficult it is to get to a certain level, so why should tennis be any different?


On to the footy tonight, Man City looked comfortable in the first-half and nervous in the second. Any other team may have troubled City more, but Wigan were largely toothless and so it ended up a rather easy three points. It looks to me like City are moving their way serenely through the season, and I don't really see any other winner of the Premier League. Man Utd just don't look rigourous enough to me, and my lovely Spurs will of course blow-up at some point (as they started to do on Saturday).

Very good night again for me trading-wise, maintaining my excellent start to the year. I don't think I've had a losing day this year, which is VERY unlike me.

Soccer: £92.83 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £92.83 

 

Soccer Showing 1 - 3 of 3 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Soccer / Wigan v Man City : Over/Under 2.5 goals 16-Jan-12 20:00  16-Jan-12 21:56  40.61
Soccer / Wigan v Man City : Correct Score 16-Jan-12 20:00  16-Jan-12 21:54  51.91
Soccer / Wigan v Man City : Match Odds 16-Jan-12 20:00  16-Jan-12 21:53  0.31

I'm up at 5:00am tomorrow, so absolutely no chance of me attacking any tennis tonight. I'll just polish off this glass of wine, and then I'm off to my pit. Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.