Thursday 12 January 2012

I Have A Swelling...

... Hit count that is (well, you'd be disappointed if I didn't throw in a double-entendre fairly regularly). Over the last 24 hours, I have recorded the most hits I've ever had on my fairly new little blog - which would seem to indicate that my overview of the Correct Score market has proven to be quite popular. Thanks for all those who left comments of encouragment and appreciation. They're always welcome.

Putting up a post like that is always a bit of an open invitation for people to take shots at you, so I'm mildly surprised (although pleased) that so far I haven't really been taken to task or ridiculed for my post. I have a few other aspects of betting and trading that I would like to post-up in due course, so based on the overall feedback and positivity of the last one, I may just do that.

Just bear in mind these are just my take on things, and ideas that I have, of course, picked-up along the way. I do believe, however, that it's important to always keep thinking about your betting, trading or scalping (or whatever it is that you do). It's all too easy for us to get stuck in our ways. Something seems to work for us so we just stick with that and stop looking for any new opportunities or fail to explore new avenues or possibilities.

I constantly try to look at the markets in different ways - and as mentioned a couple of entries ago, I've trialled more failed systems than I can really remember. But that's okay. Failure when looking for betting systems is just one route that you no longer need to trouble yourself with. It just means that you can concentrate on other areas, that's the way I think of it anyway. A process of elimination.


Traded two games at the same time (for a while) this evening. Started off on the Italian Cup game between Napoli and Cesena which overlapped with the Osasuna v Barcelona game. Tried out a new Correct Score idea (which I'll keep to myself, if that's okay), which netted me £6.50 on the Barcelona game, before I carried it on with my usual methods. Looks vaguely promising, but may be too complex to manage on a long-term basis. We'll have to wait and see.

Football: £65.32 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £65.32 

 

Football Showing 1 - 6 of 6 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Osasuna v Barcelona : Correct Score 12-Jan-12 21:00  12-Jan-12 22:49  22.25
Football / Osasuna v Barcelona : Over/Under 3.5 Goals 12-Jan-12 21:00  12-Jan-12 22:48  3.03
Football / Osasuna v Barcelona : Over/Under 2.5 goals 12-Jan-12 21:00  12-Jan-12 22:27  0.27
Football / Napoli v Cesena : Correct Score 12-Jan-12 20:00  12-Jan-12 21:57  2.25
Football / Napoli v Cesena : Match Odds 12-Jan-12 20:00  12-Jan-12 21:54  26.95
Football / Napoli v Cesena : Over/Under 2.5 goals 12-Jan-12 20:00  12-Jan-12 21:47  10.57

2 comments:

  1. Couple of thoughts - i. The 'correct post' write up was a rare insight into strategy. Many blogs refer to their profitable methods without ever clarifying what they are. This may be the reason for the unusually positive feedback.

    ii. The P&L's you note are worthy and modest. Once the numbers go up into three figure + days, the snipers and the jealous soon appear. As I wrote a long time ago - 'I never have any negative comments on my blog. That's probably because I make bugger all....'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob.

    I suppose you're right that most people (understandably) keep their cards close to their chest. I decided to do the write-up on the Correct Score market as these are all generally well-known methods and thought it might be helpful to pull them all together into one place.

    Furthermore, I personally don't use every method listed (although I've certainly used some of them), and those methods that I believe consititute an edge, I have kept to myself. Whether any real edge actually exists is yet to be determined.

    As for the P&L figures, you may be right that I've flown under the radar of any sniping due to the small figures. However, I also feel that if people can see that you're endeavouring to provide an open and honest blog - the good and the bad - then they'll probably refrain from wanting to crap all over you. I may, of course, be completely wrong about that. Time will tell.

    Eddie.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.