Tuesday 27 December 2011

Worse Than I Imagined

I have been trudging around Lakeside shopping centre today, which is a vile experience at the best of times, but today was truly awful with frenzy of sales' seekers. The sweat, the bad breath, the rude behaviour and thoughtless jostling...

And all this was before I'd even left the house :-)

In all seriousness though, for your own sanity, stay away from the Christmas/New Years sales. I kept catching the eye of other husbands who had also lost the will to live. And it's not gratifying to see their faces wreathed in hopeless dispair, their shoulders slumped in resigned resentment.

My Bot ran only the Arsenal game while I was out, and again resulted in a loss, this time for £25. I'm disappointed with this but will persevere as I certainly don't have a representative sample yet. After grabbing a quick bite to eat after getting home (yes, it's still Turkey), I sat down to enjoy my Spurs playing at Norwich. They're playing some beautiful football at the moment.

With a high goal expectation, I tend to add an additional dose of caution when scalping the goals markets, but after a lively opening, the game settled down and I managed to trickle my way up to £28 on the 2.5 goals. Ten minutes before half-time and all the way up to Spurs goal in the 55th minutes, I moved across to the 1.5 goals and also made £17 there.

After the goal, I moved onto the Match Odds market (my new flavour of the month) and found myself on the right side of the market when the second goal went in. At that point I could have left my bet in-play but, even though Spurs were in total control by that point, I decided to green-up at 1.02. This gave me another £28.

Moving from this (now effectively close) market, I meandered over to the Correct Scores, which gave me a very easy £40. This, combined with Spurs regal advance to a further three points, meant an extremely satisfactory night altogether.

It almost made up for the shopping!

Football: £90.95 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £90.95 

 

Football Showing 1 - 6 of 6 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Norwich v Tottenham : Correct Score 27-Dec-11 19:30  27-Dec-11 21:27  40.94
Football / Norwich v Tottenham : Over/Under 2.5 goals 27-Dec-11 19:30  27-Dec-11 21:26  28.63
Football / Norwich v Tottenham : Match Odds 27-Dec-11 19:30  27-Dec-11 21:24  29.55
Football / Norwich v Tottenham : Over/Under 1.5 Goals 27-Dec-11 19:30  27-Dec-11 20:57  17.63
Football / Arsenal v Wolves : Half Time 27-Dec-11 15:00  27-Dec-11 15:48  -20.00
Football / Arsenal v Wolves : Half Time Score 27-Dec-11 15:00  27-Dec-11 15:48  -5.80

2 comments:

  1. Hi Krysztof, the half-time bets on the P/L were from my bot. This is a strategy that I'm trialling so I won't trumpet that. The rest is all standard scalping of the Unders markets as the odds decay.

    This is a well-known strategy so I'm doing nothing new. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.