Thursday 1 December 2011

Being Greedy Makes You Skinny

What do I mean? Well, as scalpers and traders we've probably all experienced staying just slighly too long in that open position, attempting to grab those one or two extra ticks. But I'm here to tell you that these small moments of greed will ultimately have a negative affect and cause your profits to become skinny.

"Just another tick. Ooh, I got that quick, so just another one or two..."
"Aaargh! Bollocks!"

Yes, you've been there. And I'm slightly ashamed to say that is where I was today. Coming back home from working away, I just got in to see the last fifteen minutes of the Twente v Fulham game. I don't like to admit it, but looking back, my first thought was,

"Damn, I've missed most of the game, let's see if I can make this worthwhile".

Placing that silly thought in my head then meant that I tried pushing it just that little bit too far. A goal went in during the last two minutes when I had absolutely no right being in the game... and the result was a deserved loss.

I restored my discipline for the Stoke game, although due to home circumstances I missed the first-half of this game also, but I still end the night with a fairly large red.

Disappointed with myself, but sometimes lessons need to be learnt again and again...


Football: -£137.85 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  -£137.85 

 

Football Showing 1 - 3 of 3 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Stoke v Dinamo Kiev : Correct Score 01-Dec-11 20:05  01-Dec-11 22:01  37.14
Football / Stoke v Dinamo Kiev : Over/Under 2.5 goals 01-Dec-11 20:05  01-Dec-11 21:59  5.84
Football / Twente v Fulham : Correct Score 01-Dec-11 18:00  01-Dec-11 19:55  -180.83

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.