Thursday 15 December 2011

Naughty Boy

Had a hangover all day today from the party the day before. Got home from work this evening, and saw that Spurs were 0-3 up at half-time. Looking at the Correct Scores odds, Any Unquoted was just shy of 1.30. This seemed like value to me, so I threw enough on to give me £30 profit.

This, I have to say, goes against my modus operandi and has absolutely nothing to do with being a trader. It's a straight bet, but seemed too good to resist.

Looking at the scoreline a couple of minutes from the end of the game, I was disheartened to see that the score hadn't changed. I think news of the scoreline on the Rubin Kazan game must have filtered through, and so obviously Spurs motivation must have evaporated.

If I'm brutally honest with myself, This important aspect was something I never really considered, and I should have been rightly punished for not doing so. As luck would have it, however, Kane scored for Spurs in the last minute and so this bet was won. But, as the title of this entry suggests, I consider myself a bit naughty for entering into this bet in the first place. (Of course, the title also gives me an excuse to put-up a picture of a cute arse).

Beyond this, I had applied some casual effort on the Birmingham v Maribor game. Grabbed some peanuts on the 2.5 market, and over £20 on the match odds and Correct Score markets.

Both Spurs and Birmingham knocked-out of the competition tonight. I don't think either team will be distraught however.

Football: £55.86 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £55.86 

 

Football Showing 1 - 4 of 4 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Birmingham v NK Maribor : Correct Score 15-Dec-11 20:05  15-Dec-11 22:01  12.48
Football / Birmingham v NK Maribor : Over/Under 2.5 goals 15-Dec-11 20:05  15-Dec-11 22:00  3.20
Football / Birmingham v NK Maribor : Match Odds 15-Dec-11 20:05  15-Dec-11 21:59  9.94
Football / Shamrock Rovers v Tottenham : Correct Score 15-Dec-11 18:00  15-Dec-11 19:48  30.24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.