Friday 16 December 2011

What's Your Trade?

We're all creatures of habit and, particularly in betting, we'll often stick with what works for us or that provides the richest pickings (and why shouldn't we?). Looking at my P/L each day I post them, you'll see all the usual suspects - the Over/Unders market (moving from one to the other as each one closes or becomes untenable), Correct Scores and the occasional Match Odds.

So what are your favourite markets and why? How are these markets profitable for you? Which techniques favour which markets? Presumably you've asked yourselves these questions. And have you considered other markets? If not, why not?

With regards to the Match Odds market, this is only something I've only started trading in the last couple of months, but I'm beginning to love it. If the Match Odds is not suitable for a particular match then I'll go back to my Correct Score market, but the Match Odds has some distinct advantages which I'm starting to enjoy.

First off, there is often much greater liquidity, even on some of the smaller games in lesser leagues. The fluctuation both up and down means that it feels slightly easier to grab a tick here and there; and also (and perhaps more importantly) there is a chance of being on the correct side of the book when a goal is scored, which can provide a massive upside. Of course, like the Correct Score market, it's also quite possible to be caught on the wrong side of the book. The Correct Score market ONLY has the downside (the way I play it, anyway).

I'm waffling here, but I suppose I'm saying that we shouldn't restrict ourselves to one or two markets, just because "that's the way we've always done it". The reality is that, if it's in-play, then ANY market can be successfully traded and/or scalped. The ones you've seen me work on are of course the most popular, but perhaps some of the lesser markets should be looked at more carefully, as opportunities most definitely exist there.

Nice evenings trading tonight - including some nice Match Odds trading (see above). The Bundesliga stops now until late January, so I'll have to see if there's anything else I can work on for Fridays until then.

Soccer: £76.80 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £76.80 

 

Soccer Showing 1 - 5 of 5 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Soccer / B Munich v FC Koln : Correct Score 16-Dec-11 19:30  16-Dec-11 21:22  23.58
Soccer / B Munich v FC Koln : Over/Under 2.5 goals 16-Dec-11 19:30  16-Dec-11 21:17  24.52
Soccer / B Munich v FC Koln : Over/Under 1.5 Goals 16-Dec-11 19:30  16-Dec-11 20:52  1.26
Soccer / Erzgebirge v Ingolstadt : Match Odds 16-Dec-11 17:00  16-Dec-11 18:52  4.01
Soccer / Fortuna Dusseldorf v Paderborn : Match Odds 16-Dec-11 17:00  16-Dec-11 18:52  23.43

Due to family functions, I may not be able to do any trading at all tomorrow. There may be a very small chance of getting on the evening game between Wigan and Chelsea, or MK Dons and Preston, but we'll have to wait and see. If I can't get on anything, I may just set my little Bot going again tomorrow and see what it produces. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.