Saturday 17 December 2011

Clueless Profits!

Have been out all day, seeing my mum and my Niece, who came down from London where she is at university, before flying off back home to Los Angeles for Christmas and the New Year.

This meant that I couldn't do any of my normal trading today, so instead, I set-off my little Bot with small stakes on the desktop PC, just to try some things out. Most of these automated trades, however, didn't work for one reason or the other, or half of the triggers didn't fire, so when I came in this evening, with fifteen minutes of the Wigan/Chelsea game remaining, I looked at my P/L and it showed me at £7.00 down. No dramas there but vaguely disappointing.

However, I thought I could grab something on the last few bits of the Wigan/Chelsea game, so I quickly fired-up BetAngel on my laptop and started plugging away on the Match Odds. I noticed some weird behaviour on my API, which I hadn't experienced before - namely my £200 disappearing when I had no "fill-or-kill" set (I never have this set on live games anyway), but I just frowned and continued on my way.

Chelsea were looking a bit wobbly towards the end of the game, so I quickly closed-out my trading on the Match Odds, saw myself green-up for £3 or so, and then moved over to the Correct Score market.

The Correct Scores proved better for me, and I was able to grab £25 before the end of the game.
A couple of minutes before the match finished, however, I happened to look back at the Match Odds market again. I saw £25 red on Chelsea and over £180 green on Wigan and the Draw! Stunned, I quickly greened this up.

Please, do not ask me what happened as I seriously haven't got the first clue to explain this. The only thing I can think of is that my Bot was still running on my desktop, and it was indeed set to trade the Match Odds on the Wigan/Chelsea game. However, I was only trading on the Bot with £5 stakes, so I still don't see how this was the cause.

Looking at the picture I have attached above, you can see just over £20 matched at 11, timed at 19:23 - presumably this when Wigan equalised. This must have meant that I had a lay bet on Chelsea that I didn't know about. But how did this happen when I saw with my own eyes this market greened-up?

I don't really understand any of this, but am certainly happy with it. I cannot, unfortunately, take any credit whatsoever for today's profit as I don't have the first clue how it all happened!

Soccer: £193.07 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £193.07 

 

Soccer Showing 1 - 7 of 7 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Soccer / Wigan v Chelsea : Correct Score 17-Dec-11 17:30  17-Dec-11 19:30  25.86
Soccer / Wigan v Chelsea : Match Odds 17-Dec-11 17:30  17-Dec-11 19:26  174.28
Soccer / Cardiff v Middlesbrough : Match Odds 17-Dec-11 15:00  17-Dec-11 17:01  1.06
Soccer / Bristol City v Nottm Forest : Match Odds 17-Dec-11 15:00  17-Dec-11 16:59  -10.75
Soccer / Hull v Millwall : Match Odds 17-Dec-11 15:00  17-Dec-11 16:55  1.72
Soccer / Blackburn v West Brom : Correct Score 17-Dec-11 15:00  17-Dec-11 16:52  0.12
Soccer / Blackburn v West Brom : Match Odds 17-Dec-11 15:00  17-Dec-11 16:51  0.78

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.