Thursday 8 December 2011

Taking Advantage

Sometimes it's possible to take advantage of other people's mistakes. God knows, others have certainly taken advantage of my mistakes over the years, so I feel absolutely no remorse or concern about doing the same to others (on Betfair that is, not in "real life").

Got home this evening, and saw that the only game that looked to be of interest was the Italian Cup game between Juventus and Bologna. After eating my meal and relaxing with my wife, I pretty much forgot about the game, but then remembered it with just fifteen minutes remaining of the match.

I managed to scrape a small profit on the game, and was heading for around £14, which I would have been happy with. Juventus scored with a couple of minutes remaining, but then Bologna equalised with pretty much the last kick (or in this case header) of the ball.

Waiting for the unsuspend, I placed a fishing order on the next current score at 1.10. The correct odds at that time should have been about 1.02 or 1.03. It's always worth doing this, as sometimes you'll get a bite. I got a very small one - but the small portion of my bet was matched at 6.00! This meant my small profit was immediately doubled. This, in addition to my normal business on the Extra Time market, meant a very worthwhile profit tonight. Lovely.

Soccer: £56.34 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £56.34 

 

Soccer Showing 1 - 2 of 2 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Soccer / Juventus v Bologna : ET - Correct Score 08-Dec-11 20:00  08-Dec-11 22:33  28.28
Soccer / Juventus v Bologna : Correct Score 08-Dec-11 20:00  08-Dec-11 21:56  28.06

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.