Wednesday 30 November 2011

Trading Strategies

What are your trading strategies? What markets do you tend towards? What works for you and what doesn't?

This last question is very important, and one that you may not be able to fully answer unless you keep accurate records of all your bets. For myself, I record every bet/trade/scalp that I make, and my spreadsheet automatically details what bets on what markets I am profitable in and those that I am not. This then tells me which areas to concentrate on and which to avoid.

Before I had this spreadsheet, I mistakenly thought I was profitable in one area, but the reality was the complete opposite. If you presently do not record all your betting activity, then I would urge you to do so.

As you've probably seen from my daily P/Ls, I tend to concentrate on the Under/Over markets and the Match Odds. These have proved happy hunting grounds for me, and I'm comfortable that I can make these markets pay while trading in-play. You must do the same. Be selective, work hard and hopefully we can all go on a profitable ride together.

In the next few entries, if I'm not betting, I'll post-up some basic ideas and strategies that you may (or may not) want to look at. Either way, it may trigger some ideas in your head and prove helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.