Friday 7 September 2012

Nearly Live

Just watching the Moldova v England match, in which I've made £32 but I've stopped trading the match with twenty minutes of the match remaining. Why?

Well, I don't like trading televised matches that are sooooo far behind. I tend to have the radio switched-on and listen to that commentary instead. But I was a bit surprised to see that the televised pictures from ITV are some 55 to 60 seconds behind the radio commentary. Indeed it was so far behind that, at first, I couldn't make sense of what was happening. The disconnect between the two was just too large.

Can't really understand why ITV has such a lag on this occasion. It's only eastern Europe, it's not the moon.



3 comments:

  1. the Ireland game was the one you wanted to trade...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really true because television provide video with commentary so its commentary behind to other device and you can also watch live match so this type of problem may be occur.


      TRADE FAIR UNIVERSAL

      Delete
  2. Hi Al

    I did want to trade the Russia v N.Ireland match, but unfortunately I was hauling two half-ton bags of hardcore up from the street into my garden. I suppose I'm just happy to get away without a loss this evening.


    Hi Stephen

    Thanks for the comment. I always try to have the radio on when I can. Indeed I often have both commentaries on at the same time. It's often surprising how differently the two different commentators are seeing the match.

    The delay tonight, however, was unusually large.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.