Sunday 9 September 2012

Four Screens Pours Forth

This is a drawing of Rick Ford that I quickly managed to get  down on paper as he briefly raised his head above the parapet in response to my jibes last night.

I was quite specific about not mentioning the blog that I - perhaps heartlessly - attacked for showing us all his amazing and jealous-inducing trading kit. I wanted to protect the innocent, and all that.

However, the owner of said blog, our Mr Ford, has been brave enough to let everyone know that it was indeed he who was the victim of my cruel and vicious onslaught. So, being a courageous little boy, I feel it only fair and proper to publish his full comments:


Rick Ford8 September 2012 11:37
That blog you have a blast at is mine, as yes it's my office set-up. "Where the Magic happens" is a sarcastic statement, do you have to serious to right a blog?!. I would also like you to see where that picture is also shown on the internet because it's just a pic of my bedroom.


for all your blog readers my blog is http://sportsbettingforfun.blogspot.com

I don't use all 4 screens for trading (i do use 2) one for the ladders and one for graphs. For the other two, one is used for my works e-mail/network (as i can work from home and have to act as soon as work comes in) and the other is for checking twitter for last second trainer comments and to watch the dialog in a live sports trader room for which a group of traders exchange live trades/tips.

Anyway, not sure why I have to explain myself, but to rant about a pic is a bit strange but as I've pointed out It's a bit of a normal set-up for someone who works a normal job and trades from home.
Cheers
Rick


Rick Ford8 September 2012 11:43
Also, the compounding bets is a bit of fun and to prove that it's possible for anyone to compound a small bank into something larger with a bit of patience. I'm seriously not going to give away my trading secrets that I've worked on for years am I so doing it for a bit of fun - hence the domain of the blog.

 
Rick is absolutely correct in one of his points, where he states that he doesn't have to explain or justify himself to me. This is indeed true... although his point is slightly weakened by leading up to that singly powerful statement by first justifying himself with a full and detailed explanation of his setup.

On my assertion that I've seen that picture before, Rick assures me that it's a picture of his bedroom. If this is the case, then so be it. My only advice would be to seriously consider your wallpaper because that is a crushingly depressing colour-scheme you've got there. It's almost... erm what's the word, I'm looking for?... yes, it's almost "office-like".

Oh dear, I'm being mean again. I'll stop that at once. The truth is that I was not really picking on you as an individual, Rick, but more using you as an example of something that gets my goat. I'm sure you're a thoroughly decent fellow and if I ever see you in a pub, I'd be happy to buy you a pint as deserved recompense for my unprovoked assault on your blog.

After your response to my post last night, however, I did motivate myself to have a look, in more detail, at your blog and there is one thing that did catch my eye on your June 5th entry.

Now, since the main European football betting season is over I decided to wrap up the football tipster business (website is on sale with e-bay for a starting price of £150).

Wow, a £150 you say? Your tipping service must be of amazingly high repute to command such a handsome fee. I'm only sad that I missed the quality tips whilst they were in action. They must have been amazing. I hope I'm not too late to add-in my own little bid for such a valuable item... if only I could remember my E-bay login details.

___________________________________


By the way, you've probably all read it by now anyway, but Cassini followed-up my post with his own take on trading kits, and it had me belly laughing. Top post, which I recommend you check out.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.