Monday 5 March 2012

Welcome

Don't worry. I haven't been shafted.

No, the reason for the picture is that I've been attacking the arse-end of my drinks cabinet tonight. Yes, Cherry Liquer, Mulled wine, Ouzo (the worst drink in the world, incidentally) and some old brandy from a company I've never heard of, but who have decided to bottle their shite in an amusingly-shaped bottle.

So, all-in-all, I'm happily arseholed - which doesn't go too well with the fact that I have to get up at 5:00am tomorrow morning for my travels to work. Oh well. Fuck it.

As I have mentioned previously, I heartily recommend drinking and trading. It's the best of all possible worlds, as Candice would say. I also regularly seem to do well when I'm drinking too.

I carried on my "away-from-home" trading today, which seems to have taken something of a front seat recently, and with splendiferous results. I really like the trade I persue as it only has a small downside, but ends-up a winner most times. This, as mentioned before, is a result of studying the data and discovering an intersting pattern.

Unfortunately this method meant I had to watch the match between Dinamo Moscow and Anzhi Makhachkala. Dire doesn't really capture it. Awful quality of football from both sides.

I also caught the end of the Southend game on the googly box and managed to pick up a few pennies there too. Southend went down to nine men towards the end. They had a man sent off and, after having made three subs, had a man stretchered off. They did really well to hold out for a point.

Suppose I should offer a half-hearted apologiy as my recent posts have been rather short and curt. I'll endeavour to string more than a couple of sentences together while I'm in my hotel during the week.

Football: £103.69 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £103.69 

 

Football Showing 1 - 5 of 5 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Southend v Crawley Town : Correct Score 05-Mar-12 19:45  05-Mar-12 21:43  42.61
Football / 1860 Munich v St Pauli : Correct Score 05-Mar-12 19:15  05-Mar-12 21:07  -90.30
Football / OB v Silkeborg : Correct Score 05-Mar-12 18:00  05-Mar-12 19:49  50.46
Football / Sivasspor v Galatasaray : Correct Score 05-Mar-12 18:00  05-Mar-12 19:48  50.46
Football / Dinamo Moscow v Anzhi Makhachkala : Correct Score 05-Mar-12 15:30  05-Mar-12 17:31  50.46

4 comments:

  1. Hi Eddie, Cherry Liquer eh?

    Alcohol does funny things to the brain and takes one off on all kinds of tangents. I wonder in which direction you were being pulled when the name Candice came into your mind..... some low budget American movie of dubious origin would be my guess.

    I've more or less given up drinking, but looking at your p&l tonight I might have to review that decision....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave

    Actually I was quoting Voltaire (ooh, look at me). In his book, Candice, the common phrase is "the best in best of all possible worlds".

    Oh, and I think I've changed my mind about drinking and trading. I feel terrible this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... And of course, I meant Candide!

    Shows that I was pissed, and probably still am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think we can (Pan)gloss over the error Eddie :-;

    Being classically educated, I did, of course, know what you meant!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.