Wednesday 14 March 2012

My One True Love

Don't worry. This is still a trading blog and not a dating agency or a Dear Deidre column, but I do want to tell you about the market that is most close to my heart.

Yes, of course it's the correct score market, which as you know I've already written about extensively in my Correct Score Overview a couple of months ago.




While away from home, I lost money yesterday, but missed out from being matched on a couple of games by a few mere seconds that could have left me with a profit on the night. Bit disappointing, but nothing out of the ordinary. Tonight, however, I did well on the Chelsea match and used three different strategies to make my money.

One of them I don't use as often as perhaps I should, but can sometime yield good results if the conditions are correct. At around 20 minutes into the game, I layed 1-0 to Chelsea for £50, but why would I do that? Was this a straight bet or was it a trade?

It was most definitely a trade. The 1-0 scoreline was 6.8 at the time, whilst the current scoreline of 0-0 was still just under 10s and decaying slowly (the market was obviously expecting goals). I knew that the 1-0 scoreline would draw in a little as the game progressed, and would probably go as low as 4s if the game stayed as it was... but I also knew that if a goal was scored in the first half, then I would profit either way.

If Napoli scored then I would have won my bet outright. If Chelsea scored (as they did), then I knew that the 1-0 scoreline would simply pop-up to where the 0-0 scoreline was currently positioned at. If no goal was scored, then the 0-0 score would continue to move down and at some point, probably early in the second-half, would cross over below the 1-0 odds. This would then have been the time to trade-out for a small loss. But Chelsea scored in the 28th minute and the 1-0 scoreline moved up to 9.80, allowing me to secure a profit by trading out at that point.

It's a simple, low-risk, decent little trade that I used to employ more than I do now. Often we use something that works, then for one reason or another we move onto other strategies and can forget methods that have worked well for us. This of course is missing a trick. I'll have to remember this method and put it back into my arsenal of tactics.

_______________________________________

 
Apologies for the absolutely paltry P&L tonight. Yesterday was a £110 loss, which was made up nicely with the good trades tonight.


Football: £9.30 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £9.30 

 

Football Showing 1 - 7 of 7 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Chelsea v Napoli : ET - Correct Score 14-Mar-12 19:45  14-Mar-12 22:13  63.31
Football / Chelsea v Napoli : Correct Score 14-Mar-12 19:45  14-Mar-12 21:37  56.53
Football / Colchester v Sheff Utd : Correct Score 13-Mar-12 19:45  13-Mar-12 21:50  50.51
Football / Derby v Nottm Forest : Correct Score 13-Mar-12 19:45  13-Mar-12 21:47  -108.30
Football / Inter v Marseille : Correct Score 13-Mar-12 19:45  13-Mar-12 21:46  -122.00
Football / Yeovil v Scunthorpe : Correct Score 13-Mar-12 19:45  13-Mar-12 21:44  18.74
Football / Dag and Red v Northampton : Correct Score 13-Mar-12 19:45  13-Mar-12 21:41  50.51

2 comments:

  1. Nice move that works well with strong favourites. I thought about it last night for the Real Match - mighty glad I decided against it because that would have been sweaty palm / take a sizable red for most of the second half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, like all these methods, it's horses for courses.

    Good swerve on the Real match!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.