Thursday 29 March 2012

Shalke 04 Sign Fatty Arbuckle

I watched and traded a couple of Europa League matches this evening, including the highly entertaining match between Shalke and Athletico Madrid. Cracking game of football.

At the start of the second half, Shalke were forced into substituting their goalkeeper and brought on their fourth-choice keeper, a Mr. Mathias Schober.

I have to confess that when I saw him, my mouth dropped open slightly. Doubtless, being a fourth-choice keeper it must be difficult for him. It must be hard to maintain one's motivation and, ahem, fitness levels, knowing that you'll rarely - if ever - be called upon to keep goal for your team. In such a situation, I suppose it's possible to let yourself go a little bit and perhaps not visit the gym quite as often as you should - but our Mr Schober certainly takes the biscuit... Indeed I think he took the whole packet.

Here is a man who's BMI is measured in acres. He's so fat that the Met Office gives a name to each one of his farts. Yes, Mr Schober has to iron his trousers on his driveway, that's how big he is.

Actually, he did okay as a goalie, although for Madrid's third goal, he palmed the ball out straight to an opposing player who just had to tap it in.  Maybe if he'd been allowed to take some pizza on the pitch with him, he'd have done better.

Football: £100.90 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £100.90 

 

Football Showing 1 - 2 of 2 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / AZ Alkmaar v Valencia : Correct Score 29-Mar-12 20:05  29-Mar-12 22:02  50.46
Football / Schalke v Ath Bilbao : Correct Score 29-Mar-12 20:05  29-Mar-12 21:53  50.44

_________________________________


I won't update you all just yet with my post title experiment from the other day. I'll give it a week before I publish any results, but I did get a couple of interesting comments. The first was from The Sultan, who said:

I'm not sure from your post whether you are aware of this but I'll go ahead anyway; the large number of hits for Top Tennis Tips is probably down to people looking for actual tips on how to play tennis, rather than trading tennis. Will have to see how today's title fares, then we'll know more, though you can guarantee it'll probably get you more hits than usual!

This is undoubtedly true and something I hadn't really considered. I also got this from Gundulf, who even googled my title on my behalf:

Had to do the experiment:

"guaranteed winning strategies betfair" = number 1 on google
"winning strategies betfair" - halfway down the first page on google.
Eddie's blog strike rate = through the roof!


I can assure you that my strike rate is not through the roof, but it has been interesting. Thanks for doing the experiment though.

_________________________________

Spent most of the day drinking with my work colleagues yesterday, and even managed to catch the sun whilst sitting out in the beer garden of our chosen pub. Fantastic day and glorious weather, but today I've come down with something (not a hangover) and feel that weak, achey feeling when you've caught a bug. I'm also horribly bunged up. Consequently, I'm going to have an early night tonight and hope that I feel better tomorrow. I normally enjoy trading on Fridays as there are some good leagues playing and usually plenty of opportunities. I just hope I feel up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.