Tuesday 6 March 2012

Dave Really Is a Wizard

I don't think that Dave (gundulf) from Betfair Trading - the highs and the lows actually looks like this picture - but really he should do. He is indeed a wizard.

Dave, tonight, put up a post highlighting that A.C. Milan were 1.04 in the To Qualify market, and with Arsenal all set to give it their best, this provided a good trading opportunity. Well, as you know by now, Dave got it absolutely spot on. Arsenal came out all guns (no pun intended) blazing and were 3-0 up by half-time. During the break, Milan went up to 1.49 to back, which gave a lovely green-up at that point.

This was 100% Dave's work and so I would like to thank him here for highlighting an excellent opportunity. As I commented on his blog. Top job.

If you haven't checked out Dave's blog, I'd suggest you head over there now. It's always worth reading.

____________________________________________


Thanks to Dave I did well on the Arsenal game, but had mixed results on my other trades mainly due to trouble at' mill. It appears that Betfair (and many other bookies) lost their live feeds of the Championship and League One matches and so these were suspended for long periods of time. This was unfortunate to say the least as I had approximately £1,800 liability on several games at the time.

The nature of my trades on these matches means that I start-off with a large liability, but I never allow that full liability to be realised and trade-out well before the end of the match. Seeing all these games with a big fat SUSPEND sign was therefore somewhat disconcerting, as you can imagine.

In the second half, the matches slowly were unsuspended match by match, but this had wiped-out all the liquidity and I found myself struggling to close my positions in some places.

Overall, however, a good night due to the Arsenal game and due to Dave highlighting the opportunity:


Football: £263.66 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £263.66 

 

Football Showing 1 - 7 of 7 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Bristol City v Leicester : Correct Score 06-Mar-12 19:45  06-Mar-12 21:50  50.74
Football / Birmingham v Chelsea : Correct Score 06-Mar-12 19:45  06-Mar-12 21:44  50.46
Football / Peterborough v Millwall : Correct Score 06-Mar-12 19:45  06-Mar-12 21:43  43.88
Football / Derby v Blackpool : Correct Score 06-Mar-12 19:45  06-Mar-12 21:43  50.93
Football / Arsenal v AC Milan : To Qualify 06-Mar-12 19:45  06-Mar-12 21:42  214.30
Football / Huddersfield v Hartlepool : Correct Score 06-Mar-12 19:45  06-Mar-12 21:41  -162.00
Football / Charlton v Colchester : Correct Score 06-Mar-12 19:45  06-Mar-12 21:40  15.35


____________________________________________


I was sorely tempted to go back to yesterday's post and edit it, as there are incorrect references and several spelling mistakes (which always annoy me) littered throughout. But, I'll shall resist the temptation and leave it up there as proof positive that drinking makes you look like a grade "A" toss-pot. Be warned, one and all.

And to Rob. I'll try and answer your comment tomorrow now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.