Wednesday 3 October 2012

SBOFret


I decided to withdraw some of my funds from SBOBet to my Moneybookers account the other day, but after a couple of days, I noticed it hadn’t been actioned. Then I received an email from SBOBet  saying this:

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #987418 with the following response:

We acknowledge receipt of your request to withdrawal the sum of GBP 1500.

We would be grateful if you provide us with the reason for the above withdrawal.

Looking forward to hearing you soon.


Oh dear. Poor old SBOBet. They’re feeling all persecuted, worried and unloved. I decided to ignore this mail, but when it got sent again and no withdrawal occurred, I logged on and opened-up an instant chat session with one of their operatives.

"Can I have my money please?" I said.
"Can you tell us why you want to withdraw this money?" I was asked yet again.
I did briefly think about saying, “it’s not you, it’s me. I’m the one to blame.”. But instead, I replied, “Erm, no. That’s really none of your business. Can I have my money please?”
Oh, okay then, came the response.

All a little bizarre really. Why they couldn’t do that in the first place, I don’t really know. By all means make the enquiry about why your customers are withdrawing some/all of their funds, but don’t block the withdrawal until you get the answer. That’s plainly ludicrous.

Anyway, after me chastising them, they have duly paid out the money I asked for, so that little drama is all over with.


Account Hacked:
On the same day that I got the begging letter from SBOBet, asking their wimpering question about why I was being disloyal, I also received a phone call from Betfair while I was at work. The guy from Betfair informed me that there was a suspicious login attempt on my account and that for security reasons, they had suspended my account. He suggested that when I got home from work, I could call Betfair up and they would re-open my account, whereupon I should immediately change my password. Alternatively, they could permanently close my account, open a new one and move everything across - including my £10 million balance and my 45 million BF points of course.

Hmm, I didn’t really know what would be best, but of course I was perturbed by the idea that someone had tried to login to my account.

When I got home, I did as I was told and rang Betfair. I was passed to the security department and I asked if I could have the account unsuspended. This was agreed, but the fella then suggested I look in the security section of my account and look at the last few logins. This would show the suspicious activity. 

When the account was reopened, I changed my password (from “password1” to “password2”) and then looked in the security section, as advised. Each and every login listed was from the same IP address… and each and every one of them was me logging in.

So what was that all about? I have no idea.



Comment:
Had the most strange comment on my blog I've ever received. It was a comment on one of my Euro 2012 entries about Denmark => HERE. The comment was:

global visa3 October 2012 13:39

Denmark Green Card - Global Migrate

We have received a large amount of applications under the Green Card Scheme. This means that the normal 30 day service goal for maximum processing time has been temporarily suspended.

Keywords:-
Denmark Green Card

Contact Us:-
Head Office (pre booked appointments only)
International House,
39 Great Windmill Street,
Piccadilly,
London
W1D 7LX
Tel: +44 (0)207 993 4762
Fax: +44 (0)207 691 7969
Email: headoffice@global-migrate.com

http://global-migrate.com/denmark-green-card.html

Hmm, quite. This must have been some kind of program scouring the internet looking for the word "Denmark" and then plonking this information down. Why it's looking at blogs though, I'm not quite sure.

3 comments:

  1. All in all a very odd couple of of days for you by the sounds. Nothing a couple of decent days won't compensate for I guess. I keep trawling your old blogs and hopefully will start to digest some of the (extensive) useful information. So a big thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon

    I'm glad that some of my old posts are proving helpful. I'll try and pop some more up in due course.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,
    Great post!this was quiet a useful blog.I would like to know more about this.Thank you!


    sbobet football

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.