Monday 22 October 2012

I am a stalker

Trading is (or can be) a lonely business, which is why it can be quite nice to share your experiences with other people.

Largely, I trade on my own. I have my own ideas about what constitutes a good or bad trade and I have my own methods which I generally tend to stick to as they do bear fruit.

Recently, however, I've been craving that little bit of trader company, which those of you who are in the same position as me will undoubtedly have felt too. Sometimes it can be good to chat to others in the same position as yourself, even if you're not participating in exactly the same activities.

During this month, I've joined (only on trial, admittedly) a trading group. They provide some basic trading methods and walk new traders through those trades in their chat room. This works well enough even if I have no interest in it.

What I do really like though is the dynamic chat room. It's refreshing to be in the company of fellow traders and to chew the fat, even if we're not doing the same thing. People are happy to throw in ideas and to chat openly about the trades they have entered into - and quite frankly I've found it a breath of fresh air. All the traders are friendly and humourous, and also willing to help. And based on my experience so far, I will be signing up with them long-term. Not for the trading methods available, which are not really suited to my style, but purely for the chat room, which I think is top class.

So why the title about being a stalker? Well, for some reason, whilst in the chat room, I've been reluctant to advertise the fact that I run this blog and am the author. Not too sure why that should be, but consequently, I've been entering the chat room under a different name and just blending in.

When I say blending in, of course, I should point out that I don't think I've done too good a job, because one sharp individual has already asked me outright whether I write this blog. Not quite sure how they worked that out, but top marks to that individual.

_________________________________


Okay, I'll try and post a P/L up soon (probably tomorrow) but I'm still in the middle of a trade so haven't finished for this evening. I've been winning the last few days, but losing in general since I last posted.

I'm back in my hotel tomorrow, so I'll try my best to catch up with you all over the course of the next couple of days.



4 comments:

  1. Apologies if you thought I was on some madcap witch hunt! You have a very familiar written 'tone' and it piqued my interest not only to have someone as knowledgable as you around, but with a similar 'voice' to one of the few blogs I've taken a lot of value from and make sure to read whenever there is a new post!

    Your secret is safe with me and it's great to have someone as knowledgable, and dare I say it, witty, as you on board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ip

    No apology is needed. I'm just impressed that you were able to pick me out after just one or two sentences. But as you say, we all have our own writing style -I'm happy that mine is identifiable, I suppose.

    As mentioned, I'm not really sure why I've been so shy (It's not like me to hide my light under a bushel). Initially, I just wanted to have a quiet poke around to see what was what. But as I started to enjoy myself, I must have let my guard down. No matter. It was all rather childish of me in the first place.

    Thanks for the compliments - even if they are somewhat misplaced.

    Cheers
    Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eddie
    Which trading group is?
    It sounds like a great place to exchange ideas and would like to take a peek myself.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.