Wednesday 15 August 2012

The Castigator Profits


After yesterday's moaning and griping about the worthlessness of today's England friendly against Italy, I of course sat down and tried to trade it (hypocrite that I am). Due to always being stuck in a hotel on Tuesday and Wednesdays this is never that easy, as I only have my tethered phone connection on my laptop. The rule on these occasion then is Caution, Caution, Caution.

After my small starting profit during the Community Shield over the weekend, my profits today are even smaller. But even though I'm vaguely embarrassed about my meagre profits tonight, I'll stick with the usual clichés of "Small fish are sweet" and "profit is profit" and "any port in a storm" and "beware the evil eye" (whoops, that last one's not right, is it?).


Football: £33.10 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £33.10


Football Showing 1 - 3 of 3 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Italy v England : Over/Under 3.5 Goals 15-Aug-12 20:00  15-Aug-12 21:54  4.00
Football / Italy v England : Correct Score 15-Aug-12 20:00  15-Aug-12 21:51  19.88
Football / Italy v England : Over/Under 2.5 goals 15-Aug-12 20:00  15-Aug-12 21:36  9.22


___________________________________


Cassini has posted up a long response to my tongue-in-cheek rebuke, but I don't intend to carry on the crossing of swords. Presently after our last verbal sparring, Cassini is already a bit like the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail after having his arms and legs chopped-off, so it wouldn't be right to pursue it further.


Get up Cassini


The only small point I would like to respond to is this:

I believe that the traders who can profit long-term from football are few and far between. SoccerDude may well be one of them, but I would like to know more about this ‘qualified and defined edge’.

In all honesty, one of the things I've really enjoyed since I joined the betting blogging community last year is that there are so many people out there willing to share knowledge and experiences to others. When I started my own small efforts here on this blog, I set out to do the same thing - and without wishing to sound too boastful I'd say there are a few decent snippits of information that I've managed to post up over the last nine months or so. This information is largely already out there in the public domain, but hopefully I've managed to distil some of down to make it more easily accessible. Whether I've succeeded in those efforts or not is up to you guys to decide.

But. Professional or hobbiest, we're all here to make money and if I think something will have the ability to negatively impact my current ability to make money whilst betting then, as far as I'm concerned, it's out of bounds for discussion on this blog or indeed anywhere else.

As mentioned, betting in-play is where my biggest edge lays and so, beyond a few generalities, you will find no specific mention on here of how I personally go about betting in-play. As long as my in-play edge persists, I will remain resolutely shtum. Sorry about that. If this sounds like a cop-out, well then so be it.

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.