Saturday 18 August 2012

Gone Fishing

Start of the new season proper today. The Premier League kicks-off, the Championship fires into life, the drama and emotion begins anew.

So what did I do? I went fishing. Well, the weather was just too lovely. An absolutely gorgeous day which had to be taken advantage of. When we're in the bitter cold and driving rain of November, then I don't want to look back and regret not taking the opportunity to bask in the great weather while it was here.

Happily, even spending most of the day out and about, I still managed some trading. Got back from the seafront (no fish) about 2:00 and so jumped on the last twenty minutes of the Leeds match. Then after lunch we went out again and got the finicular railway up to the clifftop, where we flew our kite and relaxed on the grass soaking up the glorious sunshine.

Back at 5:30 this evening, just in time for Newcastle v Spurs. Felt Spurs were a little unlucky but that seems to be Spurs usual start to the season nowadays. Then, immediately after the match ended, I was up and out into the garden, firing-up the barbeque with a few glasses of wine. Just come in from a lovely meal outside, and may well relax with more wine and watch Match of the Day.

Really enjoyable day today. I feel so relaxed and content.


Football: £106.11 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £106.11 

 

Football Showing 1 - 4 of 4 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Newcastle v Tottenham : Correct Score 18-Aug-12 17:30  18-Aug-12 19:32  46.37
Football / Newcastle v Tottenham : Over/Under 2.5 goals 18-Aug-12 17:30  18-Aug-12 19:14  7.81
Football / Newcastle v Tottenham : Over/Under 1.5 Goals 18-Aug-12 17:30  18-Aug-12 19:10  18.10
Football / Leeds v Wolves : Correct Score 18-Aug-12 12:45  18-Aug-12 14:44  33.83


____________________________________


A Football Trader's Path was graced by betting royalty today, in the shape of Peter Webb who dropped in to my blog to add this comment:

Peter Webb18 August 2012 12:22
Not fair, Betfair never seem to send me anything nowadays apart from a premium charge bill every Wednesday!


It's probably the differential that is important at Xmas. I've never really looked at this before though, so just a hunch.

Thanks for the comment, but as hard as I try, strangely I find myself uncannily unable to find any pity in my heart because Peter did not receive the booklet from Betfair. He doesn't have the booklet, and unfortunately I don't have Peter's knowledge and ability to produce consistently large profits every day (which means he incurs the premimum charge). Them's the breaks.

Al also dropped by to say:

AL18 August 2012 11:32
I certainly will be watching how the CANN tables progress over the season to see if the differences between the top teams is greater than last season.

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/Users/iane/cannyclubs.php

I can't say I've ever really looked at these tables in great detail. I believe Cassini mentioned them last season (and that's the first time I became aware of them), but I don't know if they prove more accurate as a forecasting method or not. Perhaps I'll take a look. Thanks for mentioning it.


____________________________________

I should mention that I haven't taken a very large interest in any ante-post betting this season. Normally I have some interest in the winners market but haven't done so this time. When Van Persie announced that he wasn't going to extend his contract with Arsenal, I layed the gunners at 1.76 to be one of the top four. They may well still creep into the top four places, but I'm assuming Arsenal may have a dodgy period or two before that happens - especially as their new players may need time to settle in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.