Tuesday 7 August 2012

Olymptastic


Thought I’d report in briefly tonight, if only to let you know that I’m still alive.

As most people seem to be doing, I'm thoroughly enjoying the Olympics, and am watching as much as I can.  I know the BBC tend to get heavily criticised on a regular basis for their output, or for not hitting the right tone of the occasion, or for concentrating on the wrong things - but as far as the Olympic coverage is concerned, I think they’re doing an absolutely sterling job. They are delivering-up the Olympics to the watching masses in fantastic fashion. Top job in my view. Most of the TV presenters are doing a good job too. Clare Balding covering the swimming has been my favourite so far, and I suppose Gary Lineker (the anchor) is unfortunately the worst. He's been surprisingly wooden in front of camera. At one point during his presenting, I thought someone had just thrown a chair onto the stage.

With all the various sports going on, it’s strange how the GB football team getting knocked-out of the competition generally passed me by. I don’t know about you, but I don’t find football to be a particularly good fit for the Olympics. I love football, and indeed footy is what this blog is all about, but I'm afraid to say, I couldn’t muster any real interest in the GB team and only caught the last fifteen minutes of the first match they played against Senegal. I traded it none of it.

Indeed I haven’t traded anything since the end of the football season, and have really enjoyed the break. I did briefly dally with Wimbledon but my heart wasn’t really in it. I look forward to the summer where I completely stop trading and just enjoy sport for the sake of the sport. The Olympics has been absolutely great for that.

So, I’ll continue to do nothing, but the new football season is now just around the corner, and I’ll report back properly when it does restart.

Enjoy the rest of the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.