Monday 18 June 2012

Watching Brief

Well it was supposed to be. Arrived back from Milan this afternoon, which was something of a shame as I left temperatures in the 30s behind and had a fabulous time. Great City.

This evening, I settled down to watch the Croatia v Spain match. I had decided before sitting dowin that, being a little tired from my journey, that I would not trade or bet tonight - instead I would just settle for a watching brief and enjoy the match simply as a fan.

Well, you know me, I can't resist can I. About halfway through the first half, I figured that Italy had to score and so I laid 0-0. However, my bet wasn't matched at the odds I was looking for before Italy scored and so I left that game alone at that point. Then after Italy had scored, I thought to myself that Croatia have to score or else they are out, and so I laid 0-0 in the Spain match at 3s. This of course looked to be going pear-shaped as Spain were holding the ball well, even if they were doing little with it. Croatia had to bring more men forward, but I'd say I was lucky that Spain scored as it could (and probably should) have finished goalless.

So no trading tonight, just your run-of-the-mill loser-type betting which just happen to turn out okay. Doesn't feel great even though I won.

The rest of my P/L tonight is from some of the lay dutch that has already come home to roost. I'm undecided at the moment how long I will let the rest remain in place. Presently, the stuff that's left is showing -0.94p in the red, which is not particularly great.


Football: £128.97 | Tote: | Total P&L: £128.97



Football Showing 1 - 2 of 2 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Croatia v Spain : Correct Score 18-Jun-12 19:45 18-Jun-12 21:39 100.93
Football / Euro 2012 : Winner 2012 08-Jun-12 17:00 17-Jun-12 21:37 28.04

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.