Monday 11 June 2012

England Expects...

... very little, I'm afraid.

Rather uninspiring England performance, and a stunningly uninspiring night of trading also. The trading was especially frustrating as I was heading for a good night indeed but was caught-out by the quick reply by the Ukraines from Sweden's opener. I finished up pretty much all square but should have been about £200 up.


I suppose I should be pleased that I've come away from the night with no overall red, but it's always a little disheartening when a slow, steady build-up of profit is quickly wiped-out.

Football: £5.26 | Tennis: £38.37 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £43.63

 

Football Showing 1 - 8 of 8 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Ukraine v Sweden : Correct Score 11-Jun-12 19:45  11-Jun-12 21:45  126.34
Football / Ukraine v Sweden : Match Odds 11-Jun-12 19:45  11-Jun-12 21:41  -194.40
Football / Ukraine v Sweden : Over/Under 2.5 goals 11-Jun-12 19:45  11-Jun-12 21:08  3.68
Football / Ukraine v Sweden : Over/Under 1.5 Goals 11-Jun-12 19:45  11-Jun-12 21:01  15.24
Football / France v England : Over/Under 3.5 Goals 11-Jun-12 17:00  11-Jun-12 18:55  0.79
Football / France v England : Over/Under 2.5 goals 11-Jun-12 17:00  11-Jun-12 18:54  6.58
Football / France v England : Correct Score 11-Jun-12 17:00  11-Jun-12 18:53  43.35
Football / France v England : Over/Under 1.5 Goals 11-Jun-12 17:00  11-Jun-12 17:40  3.68

________________________________________

I received this comment today:

Anonymous11 June 2012 15:23
Very nice results you got there. I've been following your blog with great interest. I know a trader typically won't post something about his strategy but do you think you could post something about staking. It would be very interesting to know what kind of stakes you use to achieve your results.


Greetings from Germany

It's nice to know there are people enjoying the blog from other countries, so thanks for reading. In answer to the question, I generally don't trade with that much money. My maximum exposure is generally not more than £300 and is usually only £200. Throughout the Euros, for example, I have been using £200 stakes for my trades and scalps.

Previously I tended to expose a set percentage of my bank, but for some reason I left that idea behind quite some time ago and nowadays tend to just stick to a set amount. This is probably because, for me, trading is still only a hobby and nothing more. I'm not looking for untold riches via this route (mainly because I don't think I'm good enough) and so I'm happy just to plod along in my own little way.

________________________________________

One other comment I received was this:

Anonymous11 June 2012 12:07
Hi Eddie,
Did you finally write the post about the calculation of goal expectancy values? I couldn't find it. Thanks

Erm... well, it's like this...

The truth is that I have "largely" written this post, but I just never got round to actually posting it. It's 95% there but just needs me to wipe it's nose, comb it's hair and put on it's best pair of short trousers before releasing it out to the world at large.

I think my intention is to wait until the Euros are over and then post it up then. There's so much going on right now that I just don't have the time. And after the Euros, there will be a collective sigh as we all pause for breath, and that might be a good time to post up (what I hope) will be an interesting entry.

________________________________________


Well after my time abroad, I'm now back into my old routine of working away from home on Tuesday and Wednesday, returning on Thursday. Based on this, I'm not sure how much trading I'll be able to do whilst in my hotel. I may try a couple of standing trades, but we'll have to wait and see.

Tomorrow night I'll try and post up the Elo ratings for the next round of eight matches of the Euros.

On Friday, I'm taking my wife to Milan for the weekend, and I get back home on Monday lunchtime, so unfortunately I'll be completely offline over this coming weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the insight on your staking. Wish you all the best for your trading ;)

    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.