Tuesday 3 July 2012

Only a month to go...


That is, only a month or so to go before the new season starts, which is just fine by me. That allows me a bit of time to recharge my trading batteries, so to speak, and to work on some new stats and ideas that I have. I suspect that I'm not going to finish these before the season does indeed start, but I can continue working on them even then.

So, what about those European Championships, huh? Pretty, pretty, pretty good - as Larry David might say. In my estimation there were only one or two boring games, with most of them being thoroughly entertaining. This may be due to the truncated nature of the tournament compared to the World Cup, but most of the matches did seem to buck the trend (and indeed most bookies estimations) of how the games would pan out.

Before I reflect on my own trading performance throughout the tournament, I think it's only right and proper that we hand out some awards:

Personally, I'd give the best player award to Andres Iniesta, who is an absolutely fabulous player. Incidentally, he also wins the award for the player with the whitest, smoothest and shiniest head in the Euros. He looks like Casper. Then we have Mario Ballotelli, who surely must win sweatiest player of the tournament. He must have shed 20 pounds per match.

Special mention, however, has to go to our new England manager, "Woy" Hodgson. Without doubt, Hodgson wins the Gutless Fucker Of the Year award, a man only interested in not losing, rather than having the balls to go out and try to win. No one really expected us to get beyond the quarter finals, but to go out so meekly without really giving it a go was absolutely infuriating. Leaving Rooney on the field when he was doing nothing; leaving Ashley Young on the field when he couldn't put a foot right (did he complete more than three or four passes without losing the ball?); bringing on the waste of oxygen, Jordan Henderson, a man so far away from international class that it's beyond belief.

Ah, well, I could go on but where's it going to get me? I'll let you fill-in the blanks of my rantings for yourself.

_______________________________


Okay, so how did I fare in the Euros? Nothing too amazing either way. I lost money on the final but finished just over £830 in profit across the whole tournament, which I realise is not world-beating but is also not too bad considering I'm just sitting there enjoying watching my favourite sport. There's not much that can better that, is there? Earning money doing something you enjoy. Maybe if someone gave me a tenner each time I had a wank, then I'd relegate my trading to second place, but right now I haven't found anyone around who is willing to put forward such an offer. 


Football: -£24.02 | Tennis: £42.84 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £18.82

 

Football Showing 1 - 8 of 8 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Spain v Italy : Winner 2012 01-Jul-12 19:45  01-Jul-12 21:42  1.36
Football / Spain v Italy : Match Odds 01-Jul-12 19:45  01-Jul-12 21:37  11.23
Football / Spain v Italy : Over/Under 3.5 Goals 01-Jul-12 19:45  01-Jul-12 21:33  1.17
Football / Spain v Italy : Correct Score 01-Jul-12 19:45  01-Jul-12 21:32  -178.49
Football / Germany v Italy : Correct Score 28-Jun-12 19:45  28-Jun-12 21:45  20.94
Football / Germany v Italy : Over/Under 2.5 goals 28-Jun-12 19:45  28-Jun-12 21:37  15.28
Football / Portugal v Spain : Correct Score 27-Jun-12 19:45  27-Jun-12 21:36  105.86
Football / Portugal v Spain : Match Odds 27-Jun-12 19:45  27-Jun-12 21:35  -1.37


_______________________________


With the Euros now finished, I suppose I should turn my attention to trading the tennis. However, even though I've had some small dabblings, I can't really drive up my interest to give it a proper go. I'm looking forward to having a break not trading, and the thought of continuing on all through the summer (what little summer we're getting) doesn't really appeal to me. I suppose this is another reason I will never make a full-time trader. I need some wind-down time.

I'll endeavour to pop one or two interesting posts up between now and the new footy season, but do expect them to be a little sporadic now. Instead I'll be barbequeing in my garden... even if it's 10 degrees and in horizontal rain. It's summer afterall!

5 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog using yahoo. Glad I did,
    you can write very well. My girlfriend and I now signed up to your
    email list, reading even more of your other
    blog posts now.
    My website - Visit www.tera-bot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks very much for your kind comments. It's always encouraging to know there are people enjoying the nonsense that I write.

    Cheers
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm really interested in football trading, but I'm afraid to start with real money. Is there a way to "practice" just like play money in online poker?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    Could you please do a post on exactly how you scalp, what you look for to pick games to scalp, or is it just any game on tv?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi

      The short answer to your request is "no". I don't do requests and only write to please myself. Also, It's not my intention to have every last scrap of knowledge sucked out and pasted on my blog. I will be keeping, what I deem to be, my edge well and truly to myself.

      Hope you understand

      Cheers
      Eddie

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.