Thursday 19 April 2012

Aarrghh!


I've been feeling a bit off-colour this week, so it's been rather quiet. I watched the Chelsea v Barcelona game from my sick bed, but managed to fall asleep during the match. Consequently I don't have a massive amount to report.

I did trade the match odds of the Sporting Lisbon v Athletico Bilbao game tonight, which went okay, but it's nothing of note.

After my last post, I did get a comment from Gundulf about my loss on the Celtic match last Sunday:


That's one hell of a red on the Bhoys correct score! One wonders what the upside would have been were it not for that late (and unexpected) goal!

As I replied, it wasn't really anything to do with the unexpected nature of the late goal, but rather my continuing ability to allow myself to become too easily distracted - this time by my youngest daughter showing me one of her drawings at the wrong moment.

So what happened? Well, if you did happen to follow the match, then you'll know that Hearts (as the listed away team) scored first, Celtic equalised and then Hearts were awarded a late penalty and scored.

And there I was after the pen, playing the usual trick of offering terrible odds to people immediately after a goal was scored, hoping to grab some unworthy ticks to those who weren't paying attention... only it was me not paying attention. Instead I was busy laughing at my daughter's drawing, as she still hasn't managed to start drawing elbows on people so they all have these weird bendy arms.

My chuckling soon turned to tears, however, as I suddenly realised that I had thrown £400 down on the 2-1 scoreline. But the score was actually 1-2, and I had just thrown away £400 in one second flat on a scoreline that was now completely unattainable.

With horror, I realised my mistake, but repeatedly hitting the scratch button was futile as my money was safely whisked away to some very gratful bank accounts of those sitting on the other side of the fence, waiting for hapless wankers such as myself.

So there you go. I did my bollocks in double-quick time doing something I still can't quite believe I did. It was a nasty, painful lesson, but I do believe it's done me some good. So, like the good boy that I am, I will take this medicine and go forward.


Football: £45.91 | Tote: |  Total P&L:  £45.91 

 

Football Showing 1 - 1 of 1 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (£)
Football / Sp Lisbon v Ath Bilbao : Match Odds 19-Apr-12 20:05  19-Apr-12 21:57  45.91

2 comments:

  1. Guess that sort of answers the 'why do people offer to lay impossible scores?' question! OUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed.

    Interestingly, over a £150 of my money was matched only at 15 and not at the expected 1000, so maybe some individuals got in there before the bots. In a way, I'm hoping they did.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.